2010-06-15: Tech to Perform Sound Studies for Deepwater Wind's Block Island Offshore Wind Farm
Tech Environmental, Inc. of Waltham has been awarded a contract to provide the on-shore and underwater sound impact assessment for Deepwater Wind’s eight-turbine project in Rhode Island State waters south of Block Island. Work is expected to begin later this summer.
The scope of services includes baseline sound monitoring, and atmospheric and underwater acoustic modeling of project impacts from construction and turbine operation. Tech provided the noise and underwater acoustic support to the recently-approved Cape Wind Project in Nantucket Sound.
The Block Island Offshore Wind Farm is Tech’s 30th wind energy project.
See also: Environmental Business Council news item
- Tech Environmental, Inc. Continues Acoustic Work for Maine DEP
- What You Need To Know About Radiation in Boston Rainwater
- Follow Tech on Twitter!
- Tech is Selected to Develop a Protocol for Sound Studies of Wind Energy Projects in Mass.
- What You Need To Know About Greenhouse Gas Reporting in 2011
- Tech to Perform Sound Studies for Deepwater Wind's Block Island Offshore Wind Farm
- Savoy Wind Farm Approval Marks Success of Tech's 29th Wind Energy Project
- Tech's Marc Wallace Presents at NOISE-CON
- Tech Discusses Noise Studies for Wind Energy Projects at Western Maine Economic & Development Council Meeting
- Tech's Lannan to Speak at NEBRA Conference
- Source Separated Organics
- GHG Verification For Auld Lange Syne
- Is Infrasound a Wind Power Concern?
- OSHA Fines Double Under New Leadership
- Maine DEP Updates
Odor Response Tactics
- Tax Day is Now Greenhouse Gas Day
- Now Boarding: GHG Regulations for Airports
- Package WWTPs Are Potentially Odorous
- Our Office Has Moved // Wind Turbines Sprout Up Across the Northeast
- Mass. Greenhouse Gas Regulations Take Effect
- n-Butanol Odor Scale in Use Across the Northeast
- EPA Partners With Ports to Protect Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Community Wind Power Gathers Momentum at Windustry Conference