2012-02-09: Tech Environmental, Inc. Continues Acoustic Work for Maine DEP
The Maine Department of Environmental Protection(DEP) and the Land Use Regulation Commission (LURC) have pre-qualified Tech Environmental, Inc. (TE) for on-call peer review noise consulting services regarding wind turbine and other industrial projects needing a permit under Maine DEP’s Site Location of Development Law or LURC’s Development Review and Approval Law. The prequalification for contract work extends for four years.
TE presently provides on-call acoustic consulting services to Maine DEP regarding wind turbine projects under an existing Professional Services Contract, and that work involves peer-review of Site Location of Development applications, wind project modification applications, and post-construction monitoring for compliance with DEP’s Regulations for the Control of Noise. To-date, TE has assisted Maine DEP on six wind turbine projects, dealing with issues of low-frequency and infrasound, acoustic model uncertainties and model validation, Short Duration Repetitive Sounds, post-construction sound compliance monitoring and compliance data analysis. Tech Environmental has provided acoustic consulting on 54 wind energy projects throughout the U.S., working for both developers and for host communities as an independent peer-review expert.
- Tech Environmental, Inc. Continues Acoustic Work for Maine DEP
- What You Need To Know About Radiation in Boston Rainwater
- Follow Tech on Twitter!
- Tech is Selected to Develop a Protocol for Sound Studies of Wind Energy Projects in Mass.
- What You Need To Know About Greenhouse Gas Reporting in 2011
- Tech to Perform Sound Studies for Deepwater Wind's Block Island Offshore Wind Farm
- Savoy Wind Farm Approval Marks Success of Tech's 29th Wind Energy Project
- Tech's Marc Wallace Presents at NOISE-CON
- Tech Discusses Noise Studies for Wind Energy Projects at Western Maine Economic & Development Council Meeting
- Tech's Lannan to Speak at NEBRA Conference
- Source Separated Organics
- GHG Verification For Auld Lange Syne
- Is Infrasound a Wind Power Concern?
- OSHA Fines Double Under New Leadership
- Maine DEP Updates
Odor Response Tactics
- Tax Day is Now Greenhouse Gas Day
- Now Boarding: GHG Regulations for Airports
- Package WWTPs Are Potentially Odorous
- Our Office Has Moved // Wind Turbines Sprout Up Across the Northeast
- Mass. Greenhouse Gas Regulations Take Effect
- n-Butanol Odor Scale in Use Across the Northeast
- EPA Partners With Ports to Protect Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Community Wind Power Gathers Momentum at Windustry Conference